Today is the day. THE DAY. We lived to see another beautiful All Hallows Eve. How should you/we/I celebrate this horrifying occasion? I have a few suggestions:
- Watch horror films. Kate Hudson movies don’t count. (I still love her.)
- Eat all the chocolate. All. Of. It.
- Drink red wine from a fancy glass, like Dracula but without the blood.
- Walk around in costume. Let your inner Creepy Weirdo out to play.
- Scare children. Somewhere between “sleep with the lights on” and “scarred for life.”
- Visit a cemetery. Pay your respects.
- Go to 8tracks and listen to Halloween playlists.
- Be nice to cats. I hope you do this everyday, but especially today.
- Film yourself lip synching Rocky Horror songs and send me the video. Watch this for inspiration:
- Make a magic potion. By “magic potion” I mean “tequila.”
- Paint your nails black, especially if you’re a dude.
- Cast spells. Go ahead. What could possibly go wrong?
- Invite that cute girl over. Ask her to play Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board *wink*
- Dress your pets up in costumes. DO IT. Send me pictures.
- Throw bat-shaped confetti in people’s faces. That’ll shut them up. Don’t try this on your husband/boss/mom.
- Ouija the shit out of that board.
- Meditate. You’re going to need that inner peace to deal with your family over the holidays.
- Watch paranormal shows and take a shot every time someone says “Did you hear that?” You’ll be drunk in 20 minutes.
- Eat black licorice. It’s the best. Don’t even try to tell me otherwise.
- Bloody Mary. The mirror game or the drink. Your choice.
- Tell ghost stories. Everybody has a ghost story.
Happy Halloween! Blessed Samhain!